Thursday, December 13, 2012

Edward Scissorhands, move over: It's Mortuus Muerte

Mortuus Muerte stands 15" tall. He is a character doll who is owned by Elijah, but if you'd like to have your own, please visit StudioBeoGlas.Etsy.com and make your request.

About Mortuus
OK, well, I'm no Tim Burton, but I have to admit I am having WAY too much fun making these un-dead dolls. Good thing I'm giving them away or I would be afraid to enter my studio, especially at night when these babies wake up and wander.

Mortuus Muerte is Malle's brother, and he is going to be adopted by a very special little boy named Elijah. Mortuus and Malle will be very happy in their new home, where they will terrorize not only the still-living humans, but most likely the dog as well.

Mortuus was made from 100% organic cotton fabric, grown and woven in the USA. His clothing is torn and dirty, since he just emerged from the grave. His arms are attached with vintage grey buttons and his eyes and body tattoo are reminiscent of Zombie Boy Rick Genest's tattoos. I added vintage metal buttons to give him that vacant zombie stare. He features a silver chain bracelet wrapped around his left upper arm, and a couple of nasty looking stitching jobs on arm wounds. His hair is made of twisted yarn, sewn onto his head. Funny, while I was stitching the yarn to his head he kept saying, "mmm, that feels so good." That's a zombie for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment